Our Past Trainings
•DW Akademie- training and mentoring various media houses in Kenya during workshops on the following themes:
i) Election coverage- fresh presidential elections, media as observers , maintaining professionalism during the General Elections 2017 (station managers and editors);
ii) Reporting on Refugees and the Media in East Africa (radio and print journalist) whose sub theme was on conflict sensitive reporting and;
iii) Devolution for radio stations: analysis of the Auditor General’s report on Bungoma County in Kenya, with an aim of developing scripts for news items, features and developed dedicated programs that are well researched and provided an in depth look in to the issues raised during the training’s.
•Facilitating roundtable discussions, conducting Trainers of Trainers sessions and panelist on Online Safety for Women/ Ending violence: women’s rights and safety online in Kenya for the following organizations: International Association of Women in Radio and Television (IAWRT) held in Kenya, DW Akademie Alumni conference (Kenya), the Association of Media Women in Kenya (AMWIK), Egerton University (Gender Department) and Daystar University (Communications Department).
• BBC Media Action Kenya and Somaliland-Lifeline Program training for humanitarian organizations (government agencies and civil society) and media on how to prepare for disaster situations and develop lifeline programming in Kenya and Somaliland.
• BBC Media Action Kenya-delivered a Mentoring Induction Training to the BBC Media Action Broadcast Mentors who in turn utilized the information learned to provide tailored capacity building on the production of WASH-related media output under the project to partner radio stations.
• BBC Media Action Tanzania-Developed capacity building training tools for the media (editors and journalists) to be utilized for trainers of trainers for the elections in 2015.
• Internews Europe Somalia-conducting a Trainers of Trainers for staff members and co leading the first workshop for journalists on Conflict Sensitive Journalism based in Mogadishu, Somalia.
• Bloomberg Advocacy Incubator (Consumers International) –Training coalition partners collaborating on an integrated advocacy campaign to support the Traffic (Amendment Bill 2014) on how to engage effectively with media. Supporting the media committee to come up with media events and materials to inform the media and legislators on the importance of passing this Bill.
• Kenya Community Media Network-training community radio staff in various counties in Kenya to improve their media skills.